Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Ode To Oregon

This past weekend I flew with my Mommy to visit my Nana and Papa in Oregon. We had a great time! I had only been to Oregon at one other time, so this was quite a treat. All the trees and grass were so very green. I spent a lot of time outdoors on this trip because Oregon is quite beautiful.

We went to an amazing park with a big carousel where I rode a pony named Ruby Rose. She didn't say "neigh, neigh" (like I can say) because she is a wooden horse. I also played on the big playground and ran around the lush green park.


During another part of my visit, we drove to the breathtaking Oregon coast - full of tall green pine trees and the rocky coastline (are you catching on to the green theme here? quite a change from my desert surroundings at home!)

We even ate some fresh clam chowder at a restaurant called "Dory Cove". Mommy told me that is where she and Daddy had their very first date ever! Who would have thought that years later their little prodigy would be eating there too?!?

All in all, I enjoyed myself immensely! Oregon sure is a pretty place to be. The trip was topped off when I returned home with Mommy to find that Daddy had ordered a CD for me that plays the University of Oregon fight song - go Ducks! Thus, I conclude my "Ode to Oregon" by humming along to the song: hmmm, humm, hmm....hum, hmmm, hum, hhhum, hmmmm..."

:)

1 Comments:

At 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jacob, we loved having you and Mommy here. You're so sweet. We can't wait to see you again and read some more books to you! We love you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home