Lions and Tigers and Bears... Oh My!
Today was my first trip ever to a ZOO! Zoo is also a new word that I can say pretty easily. It only has one syllable. You pronounce it like this: zoo. I learned today that a zoo has all kinds of animals - some I've read of in books (like the tiger behind Daddy and I in this picture... it's actually kind of hard to see).
Others, I had no idea even exhisted (even mommy and daddy didn't know right away what some of the animals were - like the meerkat or the arabian oryx). Here I am in a picture with Mommy where we saw some rinos. They were mostly just taking a nap (good thing I didn't have to take a nap).

We traveled "through Africa" to an area where we saw some oangutans - better known as monkeys to me. In one spot, there was a family of monkeys, including one little baby monkey that was a few months old - it was so cute! Now when Mommy sings "10 little monkey's jumping on the bed", I'll be able to better visualize what that would look like in real life.

The highlight of the trip to the zoo was actually to a part called the "petting zoo". Here, they actually let barnyard animals roam free where cute little kids (such as myself) can run up and pet them (hence the name - petting zoo). It was sooooo cool! I was shouting, "shabay tay da nateh dada!!" (which means: look at me pet these animals daddy!)
I'm most certainly going back to the zoo. What a fun trip!


1 Comments:
Jacob, I'm so glad you went to the zoo, and that you can SAY zoo! I bet YOU were the highlight of the ANIMALS day at the ZOO!!!! If I were a tiger, I wouldn't growl at YOU! I love you Jacob!
Post a Comment
<< Home